Protocol Labs and Tezos Confirm to be the Sponsors of 2022 Wanxiang Blockchain Fall Hackathon
Protocol Labs and Tezos (in alphabetic order) confirm to be the sponsors of 2022 Wanxiang Blockchain Fall Hackathon, adding new challenges and prizes to talented participants of this global blockchain tech feast!
This hackathon, organized by Wanxiang Blockchain Labs, will be held on online. Under the theme of “Together for a Shared Future in Blockchain”, 2022 Wanxiang Blockchain Fall Hackathon sets three tracks, namely the Green Future of low carbon and environmental protection, the Blue Future of Web3.0 and the Colorful Future of Digital Transformation and invites talented blockchain developers and excellent minds in relevant fields to build a multicolored future!
Beihang Blockchain Association, BYR, PKU Blockchain, School of Management at Fudan University, Tsinghua University Student Blockchain Association and Yale Venture Club ( in alphabetic order) are community partners of this hackathon.
Let’s have a look at the challenges and prizes from Protocol Labs and Tezos.
The best use of IPFS for content addressing and/or Filecoin for decentralized, persistent storage for high potential web3 projects: Metaverse, NFTs, decentralized social media, DeFi, Gaming, Consortium Blockchain, or more. Projects that use them indirectly via NFT.storage, web3.storage, Estuary, Fleek, Textile, or other toolings also qualify.
At a minimum submissions for prizes should include the following items:
1. Project Description
● The name and summary of the project
● Names/pseudonyms of team members and contact info (e.g., GitHub handle, email address, or other)
● How the project uses IPFS and/or Filecoin and/or decentralized storage services that build on top of either with example links to where in code those technologies are used.
2. Link to the publicly visible source code repository
● Provide comprehensive README, incl. a clear description of the work and mention of how our tech is used in the Technologies Used section of README.
● Include a link to the working demo or provide a testing guide
● 2–3 minute video that presents the idea, including a brief demo that demonstrates the use of IPFS and/or Filecoin or anything that builds on top of them
● Submitting the same project across multiple hackathons will lead to disqualification
● Only projects or features (preferably in a separate branch) built specifically for the respective hackathon will be considered for prizes.
● Using an IPFS HTTP gateway doesn’t count as building on top of IPFS. Exclusively basing your submission on that does not make you eligible for prizes.
Suggested: Our reward is $10,000, for advocating developers to choose our track, we set up talent rewards that any high-potential applications could achieve only if they used Filecion/IPFS:
1st winner: $4,000
2nd winner: $3,000
3rd winner: $1,000
Participation reward: $2,000 — split between up to 5 teams; max. $400/team
i. gem.xyz with a proper UI (it exist in nft biker tools)
ii. p2p loans against NFTs, like NFTfi
iii. Tools for discovering good NFTs like https://nftbiker.xyz/
iv. Data analytics tool
i. Decentralized github
ii. Decentralized social media platform
i. Create a sustainable web3 game with digital collectibles (NFTs). Impress us!
ii. Digital collectible tooling for game developers
$10,000 total + $10,000 conditional Ecosystem Growth Grant (if they have secured funding already) + AWS credits!
○ 1st prize: $4,000
○ 2nd prize: $3,000
○ 3rd prize: $1,000
○ Participation reward: $2,000 — teams got in Wanxiang’s screening and share this prize pool (divided by maximum of 5 teams)
Awarded projects have the potential to enter the EGG incubator program. Upon successful completion of the incubator program and pitching to our panel of VCs, receive $10,000 additional EGG if co-investment is confirmed.
GitHub, Project Timeline, PitchDeck Slides, Dapp.
For more information of this hackathon, please visit the official website: https://www.wxblockchain.com/week2022/hackathon?lang=en-US