Using your Fabulous idea to shape next generation smart city. Winning huge prize and free trip to Shanghai International Blockchain Week!
Wanxiang Blockchain Labs has been hosting a series of blockchain hackathon since 2017. It is also one of the earliest, largest and most rewarding blockchain hackathon events in China, for which many talented developers have attended.
This year, Wanxiang Blockchain Hackathon will move beyond China to the world to further promote the development and innovation of blockchain technology globally. In 2018, Wanxiang Blockchain Hackathon consists of Berlin, Silicon Valley, and Shanghai Sections. These Wanxiang Blockchain Hackathon International Sections will be co-hosted with renowned local blockchain firms in each location. (The prize, rules, and agenda may differ in each section.)
Furthermore, the Shanghai Section of this series will be part of the Shanghai International Blockchain Week 2018, which makes it more convenient for those who would want to attend the Tech Open Day and the 4th Global Blockchain Summit holding in that same week.
Silicon Valley Section
Venue: 3401 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306, the United States
Date: Jul 28th-29th, 2018
There are two types of challenges: one is provided by Wanxiang Blockchain Labs, which is detailed as follows, and the other is provided by sponsors that will be introduced at the venue. Participants could choose Organizer’s challenge and Sponsors’ challenge at the same time.
Main Challenge: Blockchain Technology in Wanxiang Innova City (Wanxiang Group plans to invest RMB 200 Billion over 7 years, starting from 2017, in this ambitious project of 9 square kilometers. Unlike a traditional city with new technology added incrementally, at Innova City cutting-edge technology will be embedded in the fabric of its physical and data infrastructure from planning stage, enabling bolder innovations and ground-breaking experimentations. Among other things, Wanxiang Innova City is to be the first digitalized city running on a secure and versatile cloud infrastructure enabled by blockchain.)
Sponsors’ Challenge: Sponsors may also present their unique challenges and prizes at the venue.
1. First Prize: one team
$20000, four tickets of Shanghai International Blockchain Week 2018, four round trip flights, four nights accommodation in Shanghai for four people, and the opportunity of Demo presentation on Tech Open Day of Blockchain Week.
2. Second Prize: one team
$10000, two tickets of Shanghai International Blockchain Week 2018, two round trip flight, four nights accommodation in Shanghai for two people.
3. Second Prize: one team
$5000, one tickets of Shanghai International Blockchain Week 2018, one round trip flights, four nights accommodation in Shanghai for one person.
All the winning teams will be invited to Shanghai, and also can choose to participate in the Shanghai station hackathon. But it should be noted that participation in the Shanghai competition requires another new project, the awarded-winning projects cannot be used again.
• 9:00am — 9:30am，Sign up
• 9:30am — 9:45am，Opening ceremony
• 9:45am –10:45am，Sponsors’ Challenges and Prize Introduction
• 10:45am — 11:30am，Brain storm and teaming up
• 11:30am, Start coding
• 12:00pm-1:00pm, Lunch
• 1:00pm-2:00pm, Sponsor workshop
• 5:20–6:00, Sponsor workshop
• 6:00pm — 7:00pm, Dinner
• 7:30am-8:00am, Breakfast
• 12:00pm, Deadline of work submission
• 12:00pm-1:00pm, Lunch
• 1:00pm-5:00pm, Demo presentation
- 5:00pm-5:30pm, Time for judges to evaluate
- 5:30pm — 6:00pm, Award ceremony
1. At the end of the Hackathon, project and presentation material should be submitted before the deadline in the agenda, after which no additional revision will be allowed.
2. Reasonable workload is one of the standards for evaluating the projects. Participants may study and research relevant knowledge and information before the Hackathon. However, bringing finished or semi-finished projects to the Hackathon is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, all assignments relating to a project should only be allocated to registered members of its registered team.
3. A strict security detail will be implemented at the venue. Participants should sign in with valid ID Card/Passport.
4. Participants should take care of their own travel expenditure and accommodation. During the Hackathon, the venue will operate for 24 hours every day. Participants may bring their own sleeping bag to rest on site.
5. During the Hackathon, free meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), snacks, and drinks will be provided by the host.
For more information of Wanxiang Blockchain Hackathon 2018, please visit: http://www.blockchainlabs.org/week2018/hack-siliconvalley.html
For the information of Shanghai International Blockchain Week, please visit: http://www.blockchainlabs.org/week2018/index_en.html
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org